ACL: Uber and Lyft Transportation Programs for COVID-19 Vaccines
Description: The following information details how individuals and local organizations can set up transportation with Uber or Lyft to get to a COVID-19 vaccination appointment. There is also a document attached that lists hotlines in each state that can book free rides to vaccination appointments on behalf of individuals who don't have the Lyft app.
- Individuals may be eligible for a free ride with Uber through the Vaccine Access Fund
- Reach the service by calling their partner, GoGoGrandparent at (855) 921-0033
- Say that you would like to book a free ride to and from your vaccine location, and they will be able to order on your behalf
- Individuals may also be eligible for a free ride through Lyft, in areas with United Way partnerships (AL, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MA, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI) and for vaccination sites with a designated pickup/dropoff location
- Visit lyft.com/vax to complete an online screening tool
- If you are on Medicaid, contact your health insurance provider for assistance arranging transportation to your vaccine appointment
- If you do not have internet access, call your state’s 2-1-1 United Way line (see attached list for phone numbers by state). Note that 2-1-1 specialists will ask you a few more questions to see if you qualify for free transportation through this program
For local organizations serving communities of color and low-income communities, interested in setting up and supporting free rides programs:
- Visit the Local Initiatives Support Corporation webpage at https://www.lisc.org/covid-19/vaccine-access-fund/ for more information
- Complete an interest form if interested in one or both grant options https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflnx9MMaSsI93MBQdZno2Hf8OdTwMYyvYF-7-HcWEKvPOF2A/viewform:
- Standard Vaccine Access Fund Grants – Cover roundtrip vaccination rides and operational costs for organizations
- Innovation Pool Grants – Allow organizations to apply promising strategies to increase vaccination rates that also include Uber rides.
*If you would like a 508-compliant version of this document, please contact TA-Community@lewin.com.